Random Blog Infinite Connections: First Love, 7 Years, Cliff Notes Version

Thursday, April 19, 2007

First Love, 7 Years, Cliff Notes Version

I met him when I was 16
It was not love at first sight
He had a huge smile and cute dimples
And bright blue eyes
He’s very tall, 6’5”
First love- emotionally and physically
Age 19
Goofy yet genuine
Played electric guitar
Loved Jimi Hendrix even though that was before our time
Built an engine for his ’71 Chevelle convertible from scratch
I helped by holding the flashlight
He moved to Florida
I moved there to live with him
Best friends, grew up together
Played lead guitar in a heavy metal rock band
I sang backup
We were sure we were going to marry
We didn’t
I became part of his family
and vice versa
Holidays were spent with both families
that lived 5 minutes apart
One Christmas we almost eloped
I chickened out
Sometimes I loved him more
Sometimes he loved me more
I knew his fears
His hopes, his dreams
He knew mine
We cheated
We made up
We broke up
We got back together
Multiple times
We always assumed we’d always be together
I moved away
I moved back again
We lived together
Small apartment
I had three jobs to get by
He took longer to finish school
I was trying to find my way
It was a struggle
I got bored, impatient
Fell out of love
Broke his heart
I met someone else
I cut it off coldly
Years and years of him wanting me back
Loving me
Last time we spoke
Was one month before his wedding
Asking me one last time
To this day I wonder
To this day
I feel like I’m paying back the karma


Happy Birthday R

5 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

I love the Week of Great Love.

This is a neat way to get to know you. :) The last lines of this are very sad, though-- I hope you don't really feel that karma has gotten you for it.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger who's-that said...

You made me cry. Beautiful post, beautiful lady.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

WOW and WOW! This does not at all fit with the image I had of you, but it speaks of incredible courage to follow your heart in and out of love. You will treasure this relationship forever. Sometimes it turns out that we are forever striving to duplicate certain aspects of that first "love", even though we understand that it was not good for us. Hearts never really learn.

Does he read your Blog? Is he still married?

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Aileen said...

mg!- thanks for the kind words. It's not as sad as it sounds. Even if it's karma I'm paying for- I think I've covered the debt by now.

el- I guess you probably remember bits and pieces of this. :)

Barbara- that's funny- I wonder what your impression of me was that was contradicted in this post? No, I don't think he reads this blog. Yes, I think he's still married. I've been dying to find out if he's had children.

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed a cute poetry of love!Nice words.Check out my blog in which I have lots of ideas listed on love.Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Directory of Personal Blogs Web Site Counter
Free Counter Subscribe with Bloglines