Let's Make a Deal!

Maybe finding a life partner shouldn't be compared to a game show. Maybe dating shouldn't be compared to a game show. Perhaps I'm being a bit cynical on this slighly gray, rainy Sunday morning. But it has occurred to me that my current dating situation presents a very unique combination of issues.
For the record, I'm looking for a few basic things: Someone that I feel passionate about. A fantastic, emotionally intimate friendship. Someone who wants to build a life with a partner.
Let's take a brief look at my game show existence...
Door #1:
Here's a man with whom I share a great sense of chemistry. An unusual attraction. An interesting pull. But we have trouble carrying on meaningful conversations. I have tried again and again to see if we could have an emotional connection. And he's unavailable as a life partner for at least the next couple years. Passion- A+ Friendship- D Life Goals-F
Door #2:
This one is a man with whom I've developed a great friendship. I find it easy to talk to him. We have a really good time together- there is a definite connection. And we have the same life goals- he wants to be married and have a family, like yesterday. And he has hinted that I may be just the one that would fit that bill. But I have not one ounce of physical attraction towards him. Friendship- A Life Goals- A+ Passion- F
Door #3:
Now here's one that at first glance seems to be the winning choice. I am extremely attracted to him and have been for many years. He is equally attracted to me, and our passion is fun, warm, and sometimes red hot. I feel incredibly close to him- he is probably one of my best friends in the world. There is a bond and connection that is as strong or stronger than anything I have felt before. But he has absolutely no desire to have me (or anyone else) as a life partner at this particular point in his life. Friendship- A+ Passion- A+ Life Goals- F
So for this episode, I may end up having to go home with the new washing machine.

2 Comments:
What a dilemma! Friendship and passion are a must, so I'm hoping #3 will eventually come around to agreeing with your life goals. You probably don't even need another washing machine...
Hum, it is true. Some may not ready to enter into a relationship. Or just want to have fun since life is short. I met many like-minded people at an intimate dating club called casualmingle.com days ago. Maybe you can communicate with them and have fun. Good luck!
Post a Comment
<< Home