My Oh My.
I have a message for all of you young women under the age of 35:If you think you like sex now...just wait.
Without going into too much detail, I have to tell you that somewhere in my mid to late thirties, it became more intense. More out of control. The desire, the hunger is different. Closer to what I imagine it's like for young men. Abstinence has physical and emotional consequences. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking "Oh I'm already very sexual, you just must be a late bloomer".
Again, I say...just wait.
The other thing I've noticed is that the type of man I am attracted to has changed as well. During my teenage years, I was attracted to the bad boy type. It was fun while it lasted, but after a few heartbreaks, the phase passed. Eventually, as I became more interested in finding a mate, I was much more attracted to intelligent men with warm personalities. Men with full, accomplished lives.
But lately I think my inner cavewoman is coming out. I find myself inexplicably drawn to the big, strong, silent type. The type of man that oozes testosterone. Not the bad boys of my adolescent years- the confident, strong, very masculine type. If they are chivalrous, or have a soft spot towards children, my level of attraction goes off the charts.
A good example of this is my recent celebrity crush on Trace Atkins. (In order to admit this I have to admit my guilty pleasure of being one of the two people that watched the Celebrity Apprentice.) Anyway, trust me when I say I typically do not go for the cowboy type. Or southern men in general. In fact, they are usually a turn off for me. So why does Trace catch my eye? Hmmmm. Is it his size? His very deep voice? His quiet confidence and strength? Or his gentleness towards his little daughters?
Uh. Yeah.
I also find it strange that the man I was seeing off and on for the past several months is a cop. Yup. That's right. A cop. Usually such a job would be a deal breaker for me. (I can be a bit shallow that way.) But this cop-friend just exudes masculinity when he walks into a room. I feel girly when I'm with him. My hair feels softer, my fingernails look prettier. My soft curves feel like perfection. His nickname for me is "girlie". How appropriate.
I have my theories about what is causing this frantic phase of my life. But I'd rather not dwell on that. I just want to enjoy it.

1 Comments:
Just wait till you cross the next decade marker! Who ever knew?
I'm so glad you're enjoying life. Throw out those stereotypical expectations and just let it happen!
Post a Comment
<< Home