Random Blog Infinite Connections: I Think They Can Smell It

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I Think They Can Smell It


Men. Specifically, ex's.

I think they can smell when you've moved on.

Or when you've met someone that you like.

How do they do that?

Observe:

Last Monday, Memorial Day, I returned home from a rather wonderful second date with a great guy to find a voicemail message from the ex otherwise known as Door #3. He just wanted to say hi.

A few days later, Door #2 called to ask me to dinner.

And finally, last night, on my way to what turned out to be a very fun third date with a mischievous man, I received an email from Door #1. He just wanted me to know he's been thinking of me, and it'd be really nice to see me again.

Uh. Yeah, I bet.

Anyway, none of this would be that big of a deal except for the fact that I clearly told each of these people not to contact me. Several weeks ago.

So either it's a coincidence that they all attempted to reconnect at the same time that I was distracted by another man, OR they are all on the same "clock" as far as how long it takes them to contact a woman once they stop seeing them.

Oh-and no- I didn't talk to any of them. Yayyy me!


5 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger Ulysses said...

The "Don't contact me" message is hard to get with certainty the first time, since sometimes it means, "I need some time to consider our problems before I can talk to you about them."
As long as you don't talk to any of them, it should start to sink in (especially if they know you're actually in town).

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Steve Reed said...

Wouldn't it be nice if there were a "do-not-call list" for exes?

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I know exactly what you mean. A little happiness, a little confidence, and exes seem compelled to call. Isn't that the main storyline in Swingers? (Is there a main storyline in Swingers?) I don't know how they do it.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Aileen said...

Ulysses- good point!

Steve- it would be, but only if you can take them off and on the list at will! ha!

kristin- yeah, I forgot that Swingers actually made some points like that

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger lettuce said...

:oD

like i said before, you go girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Directory of Personal Blogs Web Site Counter
Free Counter Subscribe with Bloglines