Random Blog Infinite Connections: Ode to Men

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ode to Men

Maybe Matthew M. isn’t quite “Everyman”, but he certainly is a culmination of all that’s right with the rougher sex. (No, I said the rougher sex…you know, the opposite of the “fairer” sex?)

Anyway, I’m feeling a bit generous at the moment and I felt like reminding myself (and my 3 readers) of everything I love about men.

I love…

…the fact that men can get together with other men and simply “be”. They are experts at living in the moment. No super deep, analytical, romantically-focused conversations needed.

…the way they are able to play the same video game for hours on end- with such focus and concentration- and have a BLAST doing it!

…the boyish spirit they all seem to possess. If you look at them closely in the eye, you can see the 9 year old that once built a fort in the woods behind their house.

…their healthy attitudes towards love and relationships. They expect a romantic relationship to enrich their life, not be their life.

…their physical strength. I find a man carrying my bags to be oh-so-sexy.

…that no matter how old they get, they still collect toys.

…their general inability to multi-task. This usually results in giving 100% attention to one thing at a time. And if that “thing” happens to be me- all the better!

…deep, smooth voices. There’s nothing better than a good phone voice on a man.

…how they are with babies and dogs. So gentle, so loving, so strong.

…chivalry. Those select few that “get it”. Opening doors, holding out chairs…makes me feel special.

…the effort they exude when they are in the dating phase. It is touching to know that someone is putting in effort to please. It makes me feel appreciative, and honored. Even knowing that their intentions are not always pure does not diminish this for me.

…that they don’t have to or want to talk about their feelings all the time. Personally, I prefer to keep that subject to only the necessary minimum.

…that it’s relatively simple to see if you are making a man happy. You can see it on his face, in his eyes, and in his actions.

Anything to add?

7 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger honeykbee said...

To add? No. I'd just sure like to meet this guy.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger mysterygirl! said...

A nice tribute-- I'm a fan of men, myself. :)

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Aileen said...

honeykbee- awww...c'mon...I'm sure you know a guy with at least some of the traits I mentioned! :)

mg!- I gathered that you were a fan based on your recent "sex hair" post!

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger media concepts said...

From another Matthew NotM., very well written!

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Aileen said...

Why thank you, Mr. Matthew! ;)

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Lizza said...

What a great post. The male species can be exasperating and silly sometimes, but I love those masculine characteristics that you wrote about.

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Aileen said...

Thanks Lizza...exasperating and silly, yes...but even at those times they can be sort of appealing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Directory of Personal Blogs Web Site Counter
Free Counter Subscribe with Bloglines