A Different Kind of Hormone Replacement
For weeks, I've had a crush on Mr. DT. Primarily a deep, dark, lustful desire.For over a year, I've had intense, passionate feelings for The Cop.
I have found as I get older, that when it comes to romantic prospects, I either feel absolutely nothing...or I feel an over-the-top, mind-numbing lust towards them. True desire. D-E-S-I-R-E!
However, I don't feel any emotional connection to Mr. DT, and The Cop and I have nothing more than a nice, warm friendship.
Enter MG.
A few hours with him, and the mind-numbing lust I feel towards others is absolutely GONE! Erased. To the point where I ask myself "How could I have felt that way towards him?"
It's actually more than gone...it's reversed. Meaning I feel turned OFF by even the idea of being with Mr. DT. When I see his name on my caller i.d. I think "Yuck."
Hours before I met MG, I was making future dinner plans with Mr. DT. By the end of the evening I had no intention of seeing or talking to him again.
It boggles my mind how an emotional and physical attraction to someone can completely obliterate any shreds of feeling for anyone else. Sadly, I think this is just a female thing. Wouldn't life be a bit easier if the same thing happened to men?


3 Comments:
We tend to put all our eggs in one emotional basket, don't we? That's why it's so difficult for us when things don't work out. I do think many men have a much easier time sharing themselves with others!
I think it does happen to men. Although that feeling does not seem to last forever. Does it with women?
BTW - You always choose the BEST photos to go with your posts. I love this one.
It's amazing how completely one's feelings can change! Losing your interest in those with whom you don't share an emotional connections sounds like a very healthy side effect of a new interest.
Post a Comment
<< Home