Boring or Scary.
Are these my only choices?Seriously?
I am fully entrenched in the dating scene (what else is new?), and I'm finding that my experiences are falling in two extreme categories.
Dull and no chemistry.
Crazy and almost creepy.
The dull. boring scenarios consist of nice, normal guys that express maybe a mild interest in me. It doesn't take me long to realize I am not in the least attracted to them. I find myself wanting to meet a man who really expresses interest in me.
Then I cross paths with men who call and text a gazillion times...and leave too many emails and messages. Or the guy who was almost verbally trembling during our first phone conversation because he was admittedly "nervous yet exhilarated". I get feelings of obsessiveness and possessiveness that feel kinda creepy. As a very young woman, I was taken in by a few of these crazy types thinking the interest was sincere and flattering. I have since learned better.
Usually, the first signs of crazy have me running for the hills.
Recently, I met someone who confused the heck out of me. Is he the dangerous kind? Is he interested? After looking at the situation objectively, I decided this man was definitely not what I was looking for. And he was not interested in giving me what I need. My gut told me that he definitely has at least a medium size dose of crazy.
I had made a conscious decision to avoid contact with him at a recent social event. Actually, I've made this "conscious decision" about him twice, at two different events.
Each time, when he showed up and approached me, I was completely drawn to him. Butterflies. Chills. I just couldn't reject him despite my instincts telling me "Run!"
Pray for me. I'm pretty hopeless.

3 Comments:
This makes me glad I'm no longer in the dating scene. My instincts were often so wrong.
Praying for you. I think we all need a little crazy in our lives but only a little.
Maybe you should give "confusion" guy a second look? It seems like your instincts are definitely conflicted!
Post a Comment
<< Home