Random Blog Infinite Connections: Perfection

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Perfection

The other day I was going about my business, completing one errand after another. Feeling sort of blah. Low energy.

Suddenly, I noticed the day. The sky. The tree. The breeze. The birds. The sun.

It was a simply glorious day.


I stopped doing what I was doing and sat on a park bench outside the library.

And watched...

And listened...

Two little two-year old girls who just met for the first time play and laugh and run circles around each other.

A new mother with an infant who would not stop crying. Yet his face was so precious one couldn't help but smile.

Several dogs with their owners walking through the courtyard, looking happy and carefree.

An attractive man with salt-and-pepper hair stretching and preparing for his run.

I sat there for over an hour. And I felt wonderful...

6 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Most of the time we're just too busy to take in the wonder that is constantly going on around us. This is the essence of being in the moment! Better for your entire being than any pill you could ever pop.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger dcpeg said...

Beautifully put, Aileen! Life is so full of beauty if we just take the time to observe it. Hope you have many more opportunities.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a fabulous way to spend a beautiful day! I always think that moments spent observing the world in the way you describe are like living prayers.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Just reading about it took a little of my stress. Thanks for that.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger bozoette said...

Lovely!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Excellent. Sometimes it is important to remember that WE are in control of our schedules and our lives. Taking time away from the business of it all helps keep that perspective.

I read in Steve's blog that you were in NYC. Next time I hope we can get together as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Directory of Personal Blogs Web Site Counter
Free Counter Subscribe with Bloglines