Random Blog Infinite Connections: Aaaaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Aaaaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!

It was like watching your favorite, champion football team get beat by a lesser team. Sitting in the stands yelling at the field "C'mon Offense, get it together!!!"..."Get Angry!"..."Toughen Up!"...

It is soooo critical that we have a Democratic President in office. We have to make some major changes and shift in a new direction.

And watching McCain get all rabid dog last night just ticked me off. His arguments didn't even make sense. He kept throwing out false accusations...in fact throwing several at once, every chance he got (kind of a spaghetti-against-the-wall strategy). His reaction shots were priceless...he looked scary and almost reptilian as he struggled to keep his emotions under control.

Now, to me, it did not read as strength. His style and the whole "Joe the Plumber" stuff came off as desperate, calculated yet not smooth, erratic. But I keep hearing the commentary about how "tough" he was, and how much that debate helped him. Ugh. Go figure.

(Side note about Joe the plumber...I was really trying to figure out what point McCain was making here...Did I understand correctly- the reason Joe may have his taxes increased is because he's making more than a quarter million a year? And that was supposed to be representing the middle america folk? Please explain this to me...) (Update: I found a great explanation here.)


While I clearly feel that Obama showed more class, more control, more focus on the issues (he was clearly frustrated about the amount of time spent on the negative campaign discussion...which was dragged out by McCain and the moderator), I do wish he had been a little less civil a few times. McCain succeeded in keeping him up against the ropes on more than one occasion.
How did McCain manage to get the first and the last word on almost every question?


And was anyone else APPALLED when Mc did his little "air quotes" thing when he said the term "health of the mother" was used as an excuse?????


His performance was aimed at the "fringe" (Mc's term) folks that we've been seeing on youtube at his and Sarah's rallies. I just hope it really is "fringe" and not a silent (secretly shamed) majority.






7 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger [F]oxymoron said...

Honestly, I wasn't impressed by either candidate, but if I were forced to choose one over the other, I'd say Obama was more impressive.

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

At one point it looked like McCain barely had it under control. This is not the guy you want controlling the red phone (or whatever it is now) that launches a nuclear attack!

I'm sure Obama had some choice words he could have said, particularly about Palin, but he managed to keep his cool. Bravo for him!

 
At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that air quotes thing was just flabbergastingly heinous. I'm sure Sen. McCain thinks he loves women, but in truth he doesn't even like them. Not even a little.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I just kept trying to picture each of them sitting at a table with a world leader or multiple world leaders. G8 summit? That kind of scared me.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Thomas said...

I think Obama has this thing wrapped up, no?

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger lettuce said...

hey aileen! its been really good to spend some time here catching up with you - i'm glad to be in touch again.

this was so interesting - i think everything i read/heard about the debate over here pegged Obama as the winner... maybe thats just our wishful thinking

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger bulletholes said...

Reptilian!
Yes, he's like a sad little lizard that claims to be part brontosaurus on his mothers side.
reptilian!
I love it.
that blinkin' thing he does drives me nuts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Directory of Personal Blogs Web Site Counter
Free Counter Subscribe with Bloglines