Random Blog Infinite Connections: Me? Old?

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Me? Old?

Yesterday I received a voice mail message from the assistant of a tv producer. He proceeded to explain to me that they create documentaries done by Discovery Health, sold to public television, and hosted by Hugh Downs.

He wanted to contact me to discuss the possibility of me appearing in a series entitled "Aging Well".

Wait. What????

My first reaction was, "What the f-! I'm too #$%^ young to be on a show like that!"

Then, "The nerve! Wait...am I that old?"

Finally it hit me. I had completely forgotten the fact that in my business, I work with clients in the health and wellness industry. Particularly the medspa business. In fact, I often present myself as somewhat of an expert in this field.

All I can say is that it's a good thing that assistant got my voice mail. No telling how I would have responded if he reached me live!

6 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger lacochran said...

Wow! A celebrity! Will you get to meet Hugh?

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Ulysses said...

I woulda guessed 25 (don't be too surprised, I still think I'm 25). So What?! Is 25 old now?

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Gary said...

The definitions and boundaries of what is considered "old" are constantly changing. Better to go with you gut and pay attention to what your body is telling you...you'll know when the aging has begun.

As a 44 year old man I don't really consider myself old but every so often I get that little tag line behind a compliment like "You are in great shape...for your age". What does that mean exactly? LOL.

So, are you going to do it?

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

At my age, I would be flattered if someone told me I was aging well! At your age, I would probably have been insulted.

Let us know if and when the show airs!

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am the webmaster of www.peloop.com

I find your blog very interesting to read. Your way of writing can magnet and lure a lot of visitors/readers. Would you be able to write about our product after visiting our site?

Or if you have a friend who is interested to try our product, we can send you one. From this, you can gain insights and share your friend's experience to us.

I would really be interested to know if you would be able to post your findings/review in your blog, it may be a positive or negative one, with links to our site.



Regards,
Sara Smith
greenAphrodite@gmail.com

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Aileen said...

Thanks all!

Nooooo, I will not be appearing on this program- I'm really not a fit for it, it's more something that some of my clients are right for. So I referred a couple people!

And as for my aging- Ulysses, you cracked me up! 25? I guess that means I write young?

No aging for me yet! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Directory of Personal Blogs Web Site Counter
Free Counter Subscribe with Bloglines