Random Blog Infinite Connections: Are you Ham or Eggs?

Monday, January 08, 2007

Are you Ham or Eggs?


I was watching a repeat of one of my guilty pleasures, Grey's Anatomy. There's this great exchange between George and a happily married man. His wife is being admitted to the hospital and he's telling George the story of how they met.

"The first time I met Noelle, I knew I was Ham."

Huh? Asks George.

"In every situation you have to ask yourself- are you Ham or Eggs?"

Double Huh?

"Ham or eggs. Pig or chicken. The chicken is involved in the meal. But the pig...the pig is committed."

OK, some definite flaws with the analogy- like the implication that committment equals death. But it actually made me think. I'm a pig. In any situation that is important to me. In relationships. Unfortunately, I do have a tendency to be drawn to chickens.

I'm going on a chicken-free, pork-only diet! Who is with me? :)

2 Comments:

At 3:02 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

I'd give up being a vegetarian if only I could find some ham.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

I'm single and healthy, yeah.

In relationships, I'm always a chicken in every way you can imagine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Directory of Personal Blogs Web Site Counter
Free Counter Subscribe with Bloglines