The Bossanova


Bossanova...I have no idea if that's what they were saying, but that's what it sounded like. It's the name of a dance. I went country line dancing. I don't like country music, and have never tried line dancing, but I figured- hey, why not? New things always intrigue me.
It took me back to my dancing days and the fun of learning new choreography. I remembered that my "muscle memory" works better than my brain. If I tried to 'think' about what I was doing, I messed up. If I let my muscles take over- it was great! It's been years since the joy of dance was in my life...I miss it!
The bar was too smoky, but I liked the fact that there was a good mix of ages. I was reminded that I do really live in Virginia. Wouldn't it be great to open up a dance club with fun music, no smoke, catering to the 35+crowd? (Is it legal to exclude the under 35's? Would the forty-something men even show up to a club like that?) Aha! Another business idea!

3 Comments:
"Just listen to the rythm of a gentle Bossa Nova,
you'll be dancing with 'em before the night is over,
happy again..."
Rats, missed a word from the song quote and can't edit :-(
Should be "with 'em *too* before the night is over"
So tell me, coatman, what does "Bossa Nova" mean?
Post a Comment
<< Home