Torn between two cities...


Well...not really! DC all the way for me.
I had a business obligation in DC that required a brief, yet intense 24 hour visit. I spent the extra dollars to take the Acela Express, since I enjoy the luxury of the ride. I arrived early at Penn Station- it was crowded and hectic as usual. The train was delayed, and it was clearly overbooked. The train took off even before everyone took a seat. So I was maneuvering down the aisles trying to find an empty seat while balancing luggage and trying not to fall over.
Three hours later I got off the train at Union Station and as I entered the station I breathed a sigh of relief. Ah! Yes! Look at how beautiful it is! How sparkling clean! I never really fully apreciated Union Station's beauty before, but now in stark contrast to Penn Station, it struck me. I love the cleanliness of our city, the beauty, the space, the green, the trees.
Less than 24 hours later, I was back on the streets of New York. Exhausted. As I approached the block where I'm staying, a man standing on the corner with a few friends calls out to me "Just the way I like it- pretty in the face and thin in the waist- hey there gorgeous."
I had to laugh. Gotta love New York.
How many more days until I can go home?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home