Energy Management
You know how sometimes you are REALLY hungry, and you go to great lengths to pull a meal together...and then after you eat you realize you are now EXHAUSTED. As if you were tired AND hungry the entire time, but you didn't realize you were tired until your hunger was sated.
I have always struggled with managing my own personal energy level. Some that know me would describe me as dynamic, ambitious, and energetic. Others would say I'm more calm and layed back. Most would say I'm active- socially and professionally. Truth is, I'm a bit like a binge-drinking alcoholic. Meaning...I have LOTS of down time with very low energy and low motivation. Then, when I feel energetic, I am uber-productive...and accomplish a lot. (No, I am not manic-depressive...this isn't about emotions, it's more about actions and behavior.)
So I'm in this weird place at the moment. I feel like UnEx is in the process of satiating my hunger, and so, as a result...I'm seeing so many things in the other parts of my life that I've neglected. Health, finances, home.
Meanwhile, launching into a new relationship is actually making my need for "down time" even more prevalent. So I'm trying to figure out where I can find more energy, so I can work on these other areas.
Is it EVER possible to feel at peace with all areas of your life...at the same time?

5 Comments:
Absolutely not, unless you are a Zen master! That's what makes like interesting.
Life not like...
I have *no* idea. I've been both tired and hungry for as long as I can remember. I just know that I am and pretend that I'm not.
I think you can be at peace with all areas of your life as long as you don't mind that nothing is ever perfect or ever "done". To me, being at peace is a sense of acceptance - acceptance of things as they are which doesn't mean that you don't move forward, take action or change, but your investment in a particular outcome isn't so great that it causes stress/anxiety/anger if it doesn't work out exactly that way. Just my two cents - alw
alw, you're so wise! yet another reason why I love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home