That Indefinable "It"

I've been looking for It for years. I've seen glimpses of It in different men that I've dated.
What is "It"? That indefinable thing you are looking for in a partner. Very different for each person, of course.
For me, It is the ability to open his heart completely to me. It is the fact that he sees something special in me, and makes me feel special. It is his ability to make me feel protected and safe. It is the fact that he makes me a priority. It is the belief that True Love is Unconditional. Loyalty is key. A partnership can be forever. It is a commitment to work hard at a relationship, to compromise, to respect, to be fully and completely honest.
UnEx has It. I cannot express how thrilling it is to (finally) be with someone who has It.
You're waiting for the "but", right? Because isn't that how I usually respond to things?
(UnEx has said that if I won a million dollars, I'd say "it should have been two million". Not a compliment, I know, but not completely untrue.)
I just can't get enough of him.

7 Comments:
I wish you bluebirds in the spring / to give your heart a song to sing...
I hope all kinds of song lyrics prove true for you.
What are the deal breakers?
This has been going on for a while now with no significant BUT, so that's encouraging. Could you remind me why you refer to him as UnEx?
I think It can change with time, with experience and age. Not being able to get enough sounds like a great place to be.
rr- thank you! so sweet!
jamy- I hesitate to put them in writing...Some could consider them significant, others may say that they are superficial. My reason for the "deal breakers" could be selfish and vain. I'm sure I will explore it in a later post.
barb- UnEx is short for Mr. Unexpected
Kristin- yes, I'm trying to live in the moment and just enjoy what we have right now.
I think the very idea of deal-breakers is flawed. It's too absolute. What you (or anyone) will tolerate in one person may be totally different from the next person, based on what each one brings to the table. Know what I mean?
(Except maybe for being a mass murderer. That is justifiably a deal breaker.)
Everyone deserves a second chance and things change. If he's UNex now, then it doesn't matter what he was in the past...=-) What matters is now.
Post a Comment
<< Home