When your vision taunts you...

I've been using vision boards over the past few years. I know they became popular when The Secret was popular, but I was using them before that.
I'm a visual person. And a goal-oriented one. So it's a fun exercise for me.
Last year I took my vision board (which had a lot of "find a partner, possibly have a family" theme on it) and I hung it on the wall in my living room.
And I met someone. Someone fabulous.
Eventually during our dating, it was time to have him come over my house. So I took the vision board off the wall and put it away in my bedroom closet.
I was afraid if he saw those pictures of babies and engagement rings he would RUN out the door.
Guess what? His first visit to my home, was his last. Everything immediately fell apart.
Fast forward a year.
I remember my vision board in the back of my closet and decide to take it out. This time I hang it in my master bedroom.
I meet someone. Someone fabulous.
As we progress in our dating, he comes to my house a couple times but I do not allow him in the bedroom (it wasn't because of the vision board, it was because I wasn't ready to invite him into my bedroom.)
Well of course that kind of restraint can't last forever.
So I took the vision board off the wall and put it away in my bedroom closet.
That was the first and last night that particular man came to my house. The relationship immediately fell apart.
Hmmmmm....
So recently, I had a little "vision party" with a couple friends of mine. I started from scratch and designed a very focused, very current board for myself. Amongst other things, there is a theme of wanting a husband/family. I told my friends what had happened with my board in the past.
I asked their advice: Where can I hang it so I don't have to take it down whenever I am ready to invite a man over?
Their response? Next time, don't take it down. See what happens.
Oh my. That sounds pretty scary. I'm mulling it over.
In the meantime, since I created the board and hung it in my kitchen, a very sweet, loving man has expressed his feelings for me. He very much wants to be in a relationship with me, and I feel warm and fuzzy every time I think about him.
I haven't invited him to my house yet.

3 Comments:
I'm totally unfamiliar with vision boards but I agree with your friends. Leave it up. See what happens. You've already given "taking it done" a chance and seen where that's gotten you. Sounds like a very nice board you've got now.
Hopefully his thoughts are in sync with yours and he will embrace your vision board. Sooner or later he is going to have to be privy to your vision...
I agree with Barbara and Kristin, though I don't really know what a "vision board" is either...
Post a Comment
<< Home