Random Blog Infinite Connections: My Guy Gauge

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Guy Gauge

Things are actually heating up in the man department.

I think that old saying "it's either feast or famine"...or maybe it's "when it rains, it pours"...or whatever...

Bottom line is that there are quite a few men "in play" at the moment.

And it's driving me nuts.

There's the southern gentleman, the engineer, the social guy, and the cute guy from the boat.

They are nice, attractive, attentive, reasonably interesting.

And none of them are exciting me much. If it wasn't for the fact that I was so recently swept off my feet, I'd begin to worry that maybe I don't have it in me anymore. Maybe no one will excite me enough. But Motorcycle Guy proved that wasn't true.

So how do I know that none of these guys are doing it for me?

Because I don't like any of them enough to stop sleeping with The Cop. No one that I'm meeting gives me butterflies like he does. The chemistry doesn't even come close.

He's like my Guy Gauge. If I was really swept away by someone, then of course I'd stop my casual little arrangement with The Cop, right?

Right?

Seeing him has helped in some odd way. It keeps me from sleeping with someone that I don't have enough feelings for. Because when I sleep with someone too soon, I often develop feelings for that person that aren't really real.

Even as I write this, I see how convoluted it all sounds.

But just look at that picture. Look at it. You know why I chose it? Because The Cop looks soooo much like him. Ahhhhhhhhh.

6 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Logic's got nothing on chemistry. Oh, how I know.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

I confess to not remembering why the cop isn't THE ONE. It's obviously not a lack of chemistry! Intellect perhaps? It's hard to find it all in one person.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Steve Reed said...

If The Cop looks like that guy, I totally understand!!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger grumpy old woman said...

Well, Aileen, at least there IS something happening in the 'man department', even if none of them are exciting you enough.
Have fun, Sweetie.
~{:O})=

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Ulysses said...

Any room for "The Writer"? If there might be, I'd put some new writing up.

 
At 6:02 AM, Anonymous twilight fansite said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Directory of Personal Blogs Web Site Counter
Free Counter Subscribe with Bloglines