Random Blog Infinite Connections: Finally, a use for Spanx

Monday, June 08, 2009

Finally, a use for Spanx


I always hated Spanx. And any other girdle-type garments.

Back in my acting days, I had to don corset-type undergarments a few times. It was difficult to breathe- it took practice. But they did give one a nature-defyingly tiny waist, and pushed up boobage.

For real life, however, I never quite understood the appeal of these garments. I bought a pair, years ago, giving into the hype.

And yes, when I would put on a pair a spanks under a tight pair of pants or skirt, things did look smoother and smaller. But I couldn't help but think I was cheating...

Aren't spanx and girdles just another way to let ourselves be comfortable with....

...gaining weight?

Don't they just help us with our denial? Hey! I still wear the same size jeans, so I must be OK!

OK, that may be true, but only after squeezing and pushing any extra cushion into a pair of spanx.

If you need a pair of spanx for a dress or skirt to look nice...maybe you should get a bigger size? Or maybe lose a few pounds? Or do some sit ups?

Anyway, this is my issue. My concerns over weight-denial, that could lead to me becoming less fit and less healthy.

Meanwhile, I've found a good use for the pair of spanx that I own. (If I have any male readers, you may want to stop reading at this point...)


It just so happens that I suffer from really bad periods. Painful. Crampy. Heavy flow.

And it hasn't gotten better with age- it's gotten worse. But guess what? Wearing a pair of spanx at that time of the month actually helps. Kinda like someone rubbing your stomach or giving you a lower back massage.

Go figure! Maybe I should contact the Spanx marketing department?

4 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Who knew?! What a great discovery. I have Spanx but have only worn them once or twice. It feels like cheating and really, I'm OK with me.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Hey, if it works to deal with that periodic problem, wear it in good conscience! There's not much else that works.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Steve Reed said...

Well, this is a whole new world to me. I've never even heard of Spanx before! :)

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Ulysses said...

"Spanx"? Really? I better sit on my hands before I make any kind of flippant remark. Wouldn't an actual lower back massage be better? You could do me a favor and decline this comment as moderator, I'm about to go back and make a "spanx" pun... I mean Geez, the word verification I'm being asked for is "nawdi", that's a sign if there ever was one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Directory of Personal Blogs Web Site Counter
Free Counter Subscribe with Bloglines