A Man-Free Summer

This past spring, I focused on cleaning house. Not literally, of course. But clearing my life of the crap, emotionally. Straightening up my friendships, my relationships. Facing my feelings, desires, needs, etc. full on.
And when I cleared my life of the now-infamous three doors, it was my intent to have a restorative man-free summer. I was just going to be. So many other areas of my life required my attention.
I wanted to have a summer of joy.
Then I met LPS and that kinda shook things up for bit. I didn't want to meet a new man. But he was fun, attractive, with a pretty joyful outlook on life. I was intrigued by his intellect, his talent and wit, and his boyish exhuberance. So I figured you can't always stick to a scheduled plan, and we began dating. He made me laugh, we had a unique connection, and we enjoyed the time we spent together. It was refreshing.
After about half a dozen dates and many long late night phone calls spread out over the course of several weeks, he said some stuff that freaked me out. So then I said some stuff that pissed him off. And our dalliance wasn't strong enough to withstand conflict at that point, so *poof*...done. Finished before it began. Hasty? Reactive? Or just wisely cutting our losses? Who knows? I do miss him,though. I guess these things happen.
The point is, this coincides with two events that are somewhat symbolic to me, and reminds me what my original intent was. I just returned from a conference focused on women business owners. Lots of feminine energy and celebration. Next week, I'm attending a purely fun girls weekend with about 20 women at the new Gaylord resort. Eating, drinking, shopping, spa visits, dancing, etc. Very, very, girly.
I consider this the launching of my real man-free summer. Time to travel, play, see my friends and fam. Just be. Glorious.
Oh. Wait a minute. Does man-free mean I have to cut my maintenance man loose?
I may need to rethink this. Or continue to break my own rules!

6 Comments:
I just can't help but ask...
Do "Maintenance man" mean what i think it do?
Probably! (I'm kinda kidding though, I don't *really* have one of those...)
I say dont' close any doors. Just push it almost all the way shut and then that way, if you see something out there that tickles your imagination, you can re-think your plan. Always woman's perogative!
Amen to that Ryane! The only thing I am consistent about is my unpredictable nature!
This comment has been removed by the author.
I find the minute I decide I want things to be a certain way that is exactly when they are not. Best to go with the flow of life.
However, holding onto the maintenance man seems like a good move. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home