Random Blog Infinite Connections: Just Another Day in NYC

Friday, July 18, 2008

Just Another Day in NYC


  • I got about a dozen fashion ideas. And that's just during a three-block walk in mid-town Manhattan.
  • Over the course of three days, I probably received 4 or 5 kissy noises, crude comments, or whistles from men on the street. Fifteen years ago, that used to infuriate me. Today, it just makes me laugh.
  • I walked into the middle of an ESPN live broadcast in Grand Central. I was so oblivious, I couldn't understand why the young guy was saying "Move over there! Please!"
  • During dinner with a friend, I was able to hear three different languages other than English being spoken around us.
  • I shared a ride to work with about 1,000 other people. Yet we still were able to avoid eye contact and stay completely silent.
  • Drinks at a new, hip, rooftop lounge in Manhattan is more than an outing. It's an experience.
  • I must congratulate the women of NY. They are looking simply stunning this summer (I'm loving the current summer fashions). The men, however...c'mon now! Getting a bit too sloppy.
  • I walked down the same street as John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. A female colleague and I were meeting with some local business managers. I was shocked to experience the blatant, Brooklyn-style flirting the men laid on us.
  • I saw NYC's latest art installation- the Waterfalls, near the Brooklyn Bridge. No offense, New York, but it was kinda like a giant fire hydrant that was left on.
  • Never know what to expect here. That's why I love it.

5 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Blogger Gary said...

All that in one day? Are you planning to see any shows while in town?

Hope you are keeping cool - you fashionable thing you. Enjoy the visit! I wish I were around I could buy you a drink.

Raincheck?!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Sounds like you are taking full advantage of The Big Apple. How about some pictures of the latest female fashion, please!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Aileen said...

gary- that's right, you live in NY part of the time, don't you? Would love to meet up- I go there about once a month for work.

Oh- and no, it was actually three days :)

barbara- I don't do too much tourist-y stuff when I'm there. It's all work, and getting together with friends...

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Steve Reed said...

Now, if you and Gary meet up, be sure to call me! :)

Guys ARE sloppy these days. What's up with that?

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Aileen said...

Steve- definitely! you live there too, don't you?

Yeah, I am SO not enjoying current male fashion trends. I don't exactly like the metrosexual, overly coiffed look, but something a bit more put together than what I've been seeing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Directory of Personal Blogs Web Site Counter
Free Counter Subscribe with Bloglines