Random Blog Infinite Connections: Versions of Me

Monday, May 05, 2008

Versions of Me



It has recently been brought to my attention that I beat myself up a lot on this blog. I guess I can see how someone may get that impression. An ex of mine (and reader of this blog) once suggested that I overanalyze things, and this may make things worse.

Then, a few days ago, at a blogger gathering I was asked the popular question "So what made you decide to get into blogging?" I honestly couldn't remember at that moment.

But after giving it more thought, I realized the reason I started this blog was to analyze myself and my relationships. I was ready to bring my relationships (with friends, family, and romantic interests) to a new level. So it required some deep introspection. Hence, I embarked on this blog journey where I put myself and my interpersonal relationships under the microscope.

I think people that know me exclusively or primarily through this blog may get a certain impression of me: I am very self-critical, somewhat cynical, analytical. I think those that know me primarily in "real life" discover that they find a certain aspect of me on this blog that they may have not been aware existed.

So to all my cyber-blog-friends and family, let me reassure you. In general, I am very full of joy. I am a fun-seeker. I am generally content with my life, with who I am, and where I am headed. Yes, I really do know I am fabulous. I really do know that's it's OK that I make mistakes, and that flaws are part of our charm.

And to my "real-life" friends- isn't it nice to know I'm not perfect? :) hehe

6 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

I don't think that any of us are any one thing, what we appear in real life, how we sound in our writing, even who we think we are. People are awfully complex. I'm glad to know that you are full of joy, though. That's just a good thing.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

I'm totally for self inspection and analysis. Never meant to criticize your blog. Yikes!!

Carry on!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger lettuce said...

it was so interesting (as well as ab fab of course) to meet "in person" people i knew - maybe quite well, but also rather particularly - only from their blogs.
we are all fairly multi-faceted, aren't we?

and so great to meet you who i didn't know at all before. i'm sorry we didn't get to chat that much, but look forward to getting to know you better here.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Steve Reed said...

A little self-analysis is not a bad thing. I think those feelings ebb and flow, and that's just how life is, right?

On Saturday you certainly didn't seem cynical to me, but then, I'd had several glasses of wine. :)

(KIDDING!)

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Aileen said...

Kristen- yes, Joy is a good thing!

Reya- no, I never felt you were criticizing my blog- I loved my reading! This is just a topic that has repeatedly come up over the past few months.

Lettuce- I look forward to getting to know you better, too!

Steve- wine helps, doesn't it?!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

It's interesting to me that Anouk, the young protagonist of The Girl with No Shadow uses the mantra "I am fabulous" to invoke her magical powers. I'm glad you know how fabulous you are. You can always repeat that mantra if you are ever in doubt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Directory of Personal Blogs Web Site Counter
Free Counter Subscribe with Bloglines