Random Blog Infinite Connections: Pura Vida!

Friday, November 23, 2007

Pura Vida!

What an adrenaline rush of a vacation! New experiences, new people, new self-discoveries.

It seems my newly acquired travel bug is intact.

Costa Rica is a beautiful country, filled with very beautiful, friendly, happy people. Which is surprising given the poverty I witnessed. While it was wonderful to see a new place and experience it, it also made me more appreciative for life here. Damn, we are spoiled. Our lives are so plush.

There were a lot of recurring themes for me during this vacation- my strengths and weaknesses when it comes to socializing and connecting with a group of people, my ability to take risks, a new appreciation for my body, my health, my strength.

Each of these subjects could warrant a blog post. But for now, I just want to say that it was fitting to take this vacation just before Thanksgiving, and just before my next birthday. Pura Vida= Happy Life, the motto all over Costa Rica. What better place to celebrate thankfulness?

2 Comments:

At 2:15 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

So glad you had a good trip. I can't wait to hear the details. You gave us some interesting hints of what's to follow...

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

So glad you had such a good time! I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Costa Rica.

Welcome home to frickin' freezing DC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Directory of Personal Blogs Web Site Counter
Free Counter Subscribe with Bloglines