A Penny for Your Thoughts

I'm being haunted by pennies. Or someone is trying to tell me something. Or I'm imagining the whole thing.
What's happening is that pennies are showing up in my path more frequently than usual.
On the floor in the middle of the room.
On the driver's seat of my car.
In the middle of my placement when I finish dinner.
Under the Christmas tree.
It's not always on heads, and I don't always pick it up...But they just seem to be showing up all over the place lately.
I like to think it's some sort of comforting message. That fortune is coming my way? Or simply luck? Or well-being? Or something?

7 Comments:
I'd say it's simply because they have virtually no value any longer. I'm sure there is no more 1-cent bubble gum! Pennies should be done away with. (In fact, they are undoubtedly worth more melted down.) They served their purpose well, but have given way to nickels, dimes, and quarters, which don't buy as much as they used to either.
Those pennies can really add up after a while, especially if you never use them. I pulled all the pennies out of my jar of useful coins the other day and I had a handful of brown coins worth 50 cents!
Maybe somebody is leaving them around for you to find as a secret message or something.
Barbara said it first, but I was going to say the same thing -- pennies are just increasingly worthless, and fewer and fewer people bother to pick them up. They SHOULD be done away with. (I used to always pick up pennies, but not so much anymore.)
Shiny!
Happy New Year. Blessings and health in 2010 (and beyond of course).
I think that if you're noticing them, they must mean something - if only to you. I like the "penny for your thoughts," idea. Maybe you could write something done (something positive even) for every one you find this year?
Maybe not.
It is kind of fun, though.
Hey there!
I love your blog...good thoughts that are lots of fun. As for the whole penny thing, I like to think of things like that as someone is looking out for me. Like they know I need a little extra cash, so they're giving it to me! And if they're heads up, it's even better.
I will definately be subscribing to you from now on. Great job!
Ellie Ryan
http://makeitsomuchmore.blogspot.com/
Hi Aileen-
Just found your blog and am enjoying it. On New Year's Day I heard a story about a woman who kept finding pennies as she went about her daily routine. She believed they were left in her path to remind her that she was well-loved and constantly thought of by far away friends. Isn't that a sweet way of thinking about it?
Post a Comment
<< Home