Random Blog Infinite Connections: My Baby's Father?

Sunday, October 05, 2008

My Baby's Father?

To be or not to be...a mom.

Now, that, is the question. And I'm sure it's a question that's going to be answered for me sooner rather than later.

The questions I've already answered:

Do I want to have a child?

Yes. I am very open to it. I would welcome any pregnancy, and I am very open to the possibility that I may fall in love and procreate with someone in the next couple years.

Do I want to go to a clinic to have a child on my own?

No. For me, I do not want to deliberately create a child that will not have a father.

Am I open to adoption?

Yes. In a few years, I would strongly consider this as a possibility. But I would prefer to have my own biological child. I like my DNA- I want to pass it on.

Well...I may have just been given that option.

Last night, a good friend offered to father my child.

It was a serious offer.

It's an option I have mildly considered in the past, but determined too difficult to pursue.

Now, as I am firmly in the midst of my final fertile years, I think I need to carefully consider this option. I am aware of all the pros and cons. Or at least most of the pros and cons.

Sometimes I think this decision is too big for me to tackle.

5 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Wow. What a hugely complicated decision to make. I wish you luck and peace in making up your mind.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

I know you will make an excellent mother. It's too bad this is such a difficult path for you, but I'm sure you will make choices that will work for you and your baby.

If I were you, I would be considering all the options that you mentioned. The ticking clock forces a decision.

I will babysit!!!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Gary said...

OMG - I just read this post after commenting earlier on my own desire to be a father. Could it be a match? How about you have two children with me - you keep one and I keep one? :)

(I hope that doesn't read as creepy - it's supposed to be cute.)

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Steve Reed said...

Wow! That's a really amazing offer! There is indeed a lot to consider, bu it's nice to know you have this option, and with someone you consider a friend.

I have a very good friend who went to a clinic and had a child. The baby is about 4 now, and totally adorable. So that's certainly a viable option, though admittedly it's a bit of a dice roll, with outcomes that aren't always readily apparent.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Aileen said...

Gary- not creepy at all! Let's have twins! A boy and a girl! Ahhh...yes...if life were that simple :)

Steve- A friend of mine recently pointed out that I need to remain open to all possibilities- it can still happen for me, but maybe not in the way I originally planned. That could be a blessing too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Directory of Personal Blogs Web Site Counter
Free Counter Subscribe with Bloglines